Tuesday, January 11, 2011

DIY Studded Boots


As you may know I have been obsessed with these boots and been wanting them forever. But they are sold out in black and a little too pricey for me. So I decided, what the heck! I'll make my own since I usually recreate my own clothes & shoes anyways!

Okay so originally I wanted Silver Studs on my boots, but unfortunately this is all I have due to my D.I.Y jacket I did in the past.
So instead I used a Gold Studded belt I had bought from a Goodwill for my arts & crafts box a while back. I actually forgot I had this belt or I would have done this sooner! :(  Anyways,  You're going to need an old studded belt of your choice or just individual studs in general. 
Okay so I used a mini screwdriver to take out the studs from the belt, & I used a small sharp nail to make holes in my boots for the studs. U can use a hammer and piece of wood to pierce your boot, but in my case my boots are so old I was able to do it by hand.
I started out with the tongue of the shoe.


Here's the finished product! Do you love it? lol
Thanks for reading<3

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the boots!! I really want some like that!!
    I usually think that I can make much cheaper versions of expensive stuff i want but in this case - I think this is a bit too adventurous for me!! (plus I don't have any old boots)
    But urs look amazing - I am now very jealous! How about a pic of you wearing them??
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they look great. You'll probably love them even more than shop bought too because they've been made with your own fair hands. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love them! think i prefer the gold studs actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sam: Thanks!!!! I am so excited to wear them out!I should have photos of me in them soon! =]
    @10thingsaboutagirl:Thank you!=]
    @hanna: Thank you! =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! ive just seen your post and dug out my old dr martins :] sitting down now with my tools trying to funk them up hahah, brillant post hun :]
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. thanks for sharing :) looks great! very helpful post

    I am a new follower and I have to say that you have a great blog. Hope you drop by my blog too ^ ^

    http://sarahassansblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooo you finished them :D love them!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bling bling! You are so talented and crafty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang girl! that looks awesome :] I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool! I'm totally into studs! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete